Audio-Technica AT4060 tube mic

ciubz

Hello people i'm new here and i'm from very far away.

I'm using this mic with an SPL channel one pre and i,m wery pleased with it. It works well on vocals (almost all types) acoustic guitars, my upright bass, cab micking and so on.
the sound is quite vintage (close to u67) and the it hold up to 150 db/spl. i think it's a wery good mic, and it's even beter when you look at the price tag( i bought mine for 1099$) i've listened to a c12 a baruner and the neumann tlm149 and i can tell tahat AT4060 can stand the challenge of being compared to the mics i've mentioned earlyer...

what is your opinion?

ciubz said:
Hello people i'm new here and i'm from very far away.

I'm using this mic with an SPL channel one pre and i,m wery pleased with it. It works well on vocals (almost all types) acoustic guitars, my upright bass, cab micking and so on.
the sound is quite vintage (close to u67) and the it hold up to 150 db/spl. i think it's a wery good mic, and it's even beter when you look at the price tag( i bought mine for 1099$) i've listened to a c12 a baruner and the neumann tlm149 and i can tell tahat AT4060 can stand the challenge of being compared to the mics i've mentioned earlyer...

what is your opinion?
I like them so much I have two.

I have one..I like it..I use it for vocals mostly and sometimes a room mic for drums,because I'm lazy and its up most of the time. I pair it with a GT Vipre..I think I paid about $750.00 for it about 2 years ago..Good mic :)

Oh yeah, the customer service is second to none. I bought mine on eBay new from a guy in the US (the 4060 is $3700 Aussie bucks! :eek: ) and got a really good deal.

A couple of months later one of them started making a rumble/wind sort of noise. I emailed AT support in the US and they sent me a new tube - no charge.

No more noise.

I have one - I like it.

It's almost never my first choice, but it's often my second.

But if I didn't have a lot of the other mics I have, it might be first more often.

Back