Audio Technica AT4060 Tube Mic Cheap

Mark H.

I've listed my AT4060 on ebay with a "buy it now" price of $555 plus $20 shipping within the continental United States. Please read my ad text carefully -- I bought this mic on ebay in October (for $540.95 delivered, so with ebay fees I won't quite break even at the price I'm asking), and the seller turned out to be a pawn shop in Nashville. It came with NO shockmount and reeking of cigarette smoke -- including the packing materials in the box it was sent in. Sigh.

Thankfully, the only odor that remains is in the foam in the mic case, and most of it is gone after airing it out for several weeks.

The mic, power supply and cables are all in very good shape, no dings or dents in the mic, a tiny amount of paint missing if you look closely, a scratch on the top of the power supply, but the mic sounds absolutely wonderful. I bought one of the www.shockmount.com shockmounts for it, which is included in the price (so actually I'm losing about $25 -- I forgot about that!). This generic shockmount is generally crappy, and while it will hold the mic just fine, ideally you'd use a regular mic stand clip or find a better shockmount.

How's that for salesmanship? If I haven't completely talked you out of buying it, take a look. There are two benefits to buying this mic: it sounds just like a new one, and if you just want to try it out, you can re-sell it without taking a beating. Those are good reasons in my book.

As for me, I've got the T-3 coming, and now that I know how good the AT 4060 is, I'll probably want to buy a new one that I can keep forever.

Oh yeah, here's the URL:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1497931303

(I realize everyone says this, but I suspect this really will go quickly. I'll delete this message when it sells.)

Many thanks,

Mark H.

P. S. I feel bad about listing it here, even though that's what this section is for -- selling stuff. I just don't want anyone to think that I've hyped the mic just to sell it -- it really is a great mic, and I'd say so whether I owned it or not. What I really need (stop laughing!) is a better preamp. 4 channels of Davisound for $650... Hmmm...

Sold in 12 Hours

My thanks to Paul in Nashville for a perfect transaction. It went even faster than I thought it would.

Best wishes,

Mark H.

P. S. The board won't let me delete the thread, but if the moderator sees this, he's welcome to do so.

Back