audio technica at2020 vs blue spark

yrs2012

hey in the studio im using the popular at2020 for vocals both male and female and it works great but would the spark condenser microphone sound better then the at2020 ?

I hate to be "that guy", but better is a very subjective term. Will the Spark sound better than the AT2020? depending on the source it might, but in some applications you may find the AT2020 sounds better. Will it sound different? yes. For the price of the Spark, however, i'd almost be tempted to say just give it a go. if you don't like it, sell it on. There's also plenty of audio example of both mics all over the net and, although these should be taken with a big pinch of salt, it should, at least, help you hear, to some extent, what the difference's are. Better yet, see if you can find someone with the spark and borrow it

As i am ure you know the at2020 is half the price of the spark (as near as) and to be fair as with all these things we are talking about the difference between your ears and mine.....

What i mean is just because I may like the sound of type A microphone doesn't mean I am right nor wrong it just means my ears tell my brain they like it. Like wise with what your asking us...... both microphones are good (I've worked & listened to many mics including both these) but to ask me ''what is better'' is hard to anser for the above reasons.

What I would say is when your spending under £500 dont expect the world.

I wish you the very best of luck and maybe buy both / listen / try them and just send back the microphone you don't like.

Back