Audio technica 4047 m-audio firewire solo

slavkopavic

Hi guys!
I own Audio Technica 4047 SV mic and it is really great mic. As mic preamp I am using M-Audio Firewire Solo. I am interested; Is it possible to get from AT paired with Firewire Solo quality vocal sound in home recording conditions?

Untill now, I didnt have a chance to compare the sound of my mic through a high quality preamp with my current configuration.

In fact,I am interested how much a preamp affects to the sound quality (for example in percent %).

Any suggestion for good one channel mic preamp paired with Audio Technica 4047 mic?

Thanks in advance!

I use a Grace 101 with my 4047 for vocals quite often. The Grace has been described as 'wire with gain', that is to say, transparent.

I love the AT4047 on my voice...Ive heard it through the API 512 and the Neve 1073 models on my Line6 UX8...Ill have to try the clean one when I get the chance.

You guys have a really nice preamps with AT 4047 mic!
So I guess It is a crime to use this nice mic with Firewire Solo preamp.

Searching for the best preamp I could afford (top limit is 800$), I saw Groove Tubes Brick reviews. In fact, very good reviews. Did you guys have a chance to run AT4047 with Brick? What do you thing about AT4047mic - Brick preamp?

I've used my 4047 with several pre....including: Art Tube MP to Presonus MP20, Focusright Voicemaster and Grace 101.

It is a very good mic even with low cost pres....and it sounds even better with better pres.

Back