Audio "skipping" when recording through VM200 to computer

jethro

Hi,
I have been trying sooooo desperately to get my computer recording setup working. I have a VM200 mixer which I run ADAT into an RME Hammerfall sound card. When I record, I think some samples are being randomly dropped, as it appears on playback that the audio "skips". I have tried everything on the card and computer end. I've tried many different types of sync as well.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem with this mixer? Even if using with ADAT or VR800?? I have no way of testing the mixer, though I hope this isn't it. Thanks in advance.

Skipping

jethro,

Need a bit more info because, it sounds like it's your computer. What are you using for a processor and what are your sampling rates? It sounds like the processor is not available "full-time" to your software........
Give us a list of what you are using for a computer and software.......
Later
Bruce

How much RAM and what is your Hard Drive?
If the Audio data is plenty.....many tracks
high sample rate then you need lots of RAM
otherwise you're writting and getting data from the HD
SCSI drives used to be the fastest....not true with the new DMA bus....However, not all MB support the DMA Bus....
Also make sure there are no other programs running in the background.....screen savers, maintenance wizards, Dr. Watson, virus programs, etc.....

Good Luck

Musically

Terry

Back