Audio signal from modules

digital wonder

im curious and a little confused about this, My production studio curently has plans for 7 modules, 1 drum module, 1 sampler, a MPC2000, a Korg Triton, and two tehinics 1200's. this all adds up to 24 outputs or 12 stereo outputs. and now this is my question should i run this to a mixer then into my computer,if this is the case mixer sugestions would be apreciated. or should i run it into the computer first through say a MOTU 2408 and the use a digital mixer either the Mackie HUI or the Yamaha 01V to mix and control every track once its in the computer. im not sure wich is the best option so anyone with a little bit more experience with matter please help me out. Thanks alot.

I guess you are going to use the computer for recording, right? In that case the HD recording system has a built in mixer. Use that. To get the 24 outputs into the computer input, you will want to use a patch bay, though.

Since you have so much MIDI equipment, you may want an external mixer anyway, so you can sync your equipment to the computer instead of recording it, but that is something you can always add later.

In that situation I would import them individually and mix it all in SW. Get the best S/N ratio for each synth-->audio
transfer, then mix down to two in software.

Back