Audio Problem

Mike

On some sites, the audio plays too fast making the voice sound like "minnie mouse". It seems to be just on Windows Media Player, as Real Audio and Quicktime Player are fine.

How can I adjust the preferences or settings on Media Player to fix the problem?

I have the same problem with my DMAN 2044 a/c. For some reason, when I go to the add hardware menu and force the install of an IBM OEM soundcard (which I don't have) the audio works. It sounds messed up, but it worked for me.

I hate win98.

Windows utilizes many different .wav files int the OS, and most of them are at different sampling rates and bit resolutions than CD quality .wav files. Disable all of those nifty windows sounds and I am sure that the problem will go away. If your soundcard has a preference for playback, set it for the bit resolution and sampling rate you want. As long as no other file comes along and changes it, you will not have any problems. I get this same thing sometimes with Media Player, it doesn't seem to make the sound card play it's files at the saved sampling rate.

Good luck.

Ed

in a nutshell, your gear is playing back a file that was recorded at 8 or 16 bits, but is being played back at a higher number. Just like big Sonus says.. you need to go into the preferances window and disable a few things.

Back