audio output with cakewalk (soundcard)

quagmire77

Hi everyone, I just installed Sonar 3 on my new computer but am having a problem that I did not have on my old computer. My old computer lists several output drivers under the audio options and for each output there are numbers (e.g. SoundMax Digital Audio 1/2). But in my other computer with the same soundcard to the best of my knowledge, it lists only one output device (e.g. SoundMax Digital Audio 1 in 1 out). So a few questions. What is going to be the difference when using these computers. Also will I not be able to have stereo presentation (panning) with the 1 in 1 out output or is this not what these numbers mean. Thanks alot.

Umm - why the hell are you using a $400 piece of software wih your onboard audio?

Do yourself a favor and at least get something like an M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

What you're doing is like putting Z rated high performance tires on a old '93 Toyota Tercel.

Try installing your drivers again, and also under audio options make sure all your drivers on the Driver tab (I think it is the last tab)are selected. Those numbers means in and out channels as you guessed. If it says 1 in 1 out. Thats what your soundcard is. Integrated audio......you can't expect more than that. Better get a 2496, if you can't afford it atleast get a Sound blaster. Integrated audio is for old people to listen to music and for the gaming kids who think they have the best sound in the world :D

I am going to say the same thing.....

You should get another soundcard.

You should look into the M-Audio cards.

I think you're reading the soundcard features from 2 different places, anyway, there is no practical difference.
"1 in 1 out" means your audio device has 1 stereo (record) input and 1 stereo (playback)output.
The card may have more than 1 "real" set of input sockets, but only one can be selected for record, hence "1in".
Sonar can record either from the left or right for mono tracks. It will playback in stereo.
"SoundMax Digital Audio 1/2" refers to a stereo channel of your audio device . 1 is left and 2 is right for mono use. If your soundcard was 2 in 2 out, you wolud have channels 3/4 as well.

If the same soundcard gives more channels on the other computer, then I'll bet you have it set up differently in it's mixer control, that is, only simple stereo output. I'm not familiar with your card, but a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz for instance, has a control option that switches between simple or multichannel (to see all the outputs as seperate choices).

An Audiophile is 3in 2out, which are 1/2 in, 3/4in and 5/6in with 1/2out and 3/4 out.

Geddit?

"What you're doing is like putting Z rated high performance tires on a old '93 Toyota Tercel."

Hey how did you know what I drive???

quagmire77 said:
"What you're doing is like putting Z rated high performance tires on a old '93 Toyota Tercel."

Hey how did you know what I drive???

Either your smell, or by the girl beside you... (was that girl :confused: )

:D :D :D

Back