Audio interface

fpiro07

Hello everybody, I'm looking for an audio interface with more than 3 XLR inputs and a MIDI input but I really can't figure out what to buy.

Can anyone suggest me something with that characteristics? (I've got a budget of 200 $)

Well, I have to connect two mics, a guitar and possibly a MIDI keyboard... Which one should I get? Is price relevant on the audio quality I get?

Well, I have to connect two mics, a guitar and possibly a MIDI keyboard... Which one should I get? Is price relevant on the audio quality I get?

Sure. Don't harbor the illusion that there's some benevolent government agency out there making sure that the cheap gear is put together correctly and safely.

Past that though it gets more ephemeral. There's no debate that Avalon preamps are superior to Berhinger preamps but will your ears be able to tell the difference? Heck if I know.

Given your revised requirement here's what B&H carries.

You might be interested in these.
PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL USB Audio Interface (around $250.00)
Akai Professional EIE PRO (16 bit is under $200)/(24 bit is around $250.00)

Both has 4 inputs and MIDI input separately.

I have to partially agree. Given your budget you're looking at either
Though it gives you two less inputs overall and is more expensive the PreSonus has four preamps to the NI's two. Both exceed your budget. The Akai has been fairly discredited on this forum.

Another way to go would be to use a mixer like the Yamaha MW10C USB Recording mixer ($190) and bring MIDI in via a separate USB port. For a guide on how that would work check out www.tweakheadz.com/guide.html

Last edited:
Back