audio interface

makariuss

im looking for an audio interface and im thinking if there is a good interface , an affordable one and a user friendly any suggestions?

Affordable is a relative term. What's affordable to you?
How many inputs do you need?
What are you recording?

User friendly isn't really a term that applies to home recording. The interface is a minor detail when it comes to the learning curve involved with most DAW's. If you're planning on getting into home recording expect to have some frustrating days at the begining.

thanks well im recording a guitar im just pissed by recording from my amp direct to my cpu, im guessing like $100-$200 or less than a $100 is better i guess. my friends are talking about some stereo monitors idk what the hell is that , and they suggest that line 6 POD UX2 it's $200 though they say its good, any thread here or some site that has some recording lessons for a beginner?

Just my opinion but I don't like the fact Alesis relies on the ASIO4ALL driver. I'd go POD, again just my own personal opinion.

yeah that's what my friend told me too he uses POD cause they have a lot of stuffs there, maybe ill buy an interface after a week or 2 , btw is there any freeware where i can make drum tracks?? i tried the trial of pc drummer pro but its pretty hard doing some drum track( of course idk anything about drums lol). thnks

A real cheap way to get drum tracks is download MIDI tracks of existing songs and cut, paste and edit. No matter what you'll need a VSTi with drum samples.

yeah thanks for that! my question was, im having trouble of the noise everytime i record using my pc's soundcard(from my amp's preamp output plug into cpu's mic input)
will an audio interface help?

yeah thanks for that! my question was, im having trouble of the noise everytime i record using my pc's soundcard(from my amp's preamp output plug into cpu's mic input)
will an audio interface help?

Yes - an audio interface will give you much better quality - the mic input on your computer is the cheapest possible circuit you can make.

thanks bro, im getting some noise problems like ground on my amp, i guess the problem is the electric current in our house, does it affects the recording too?

just wondering if whats better using line 6 ux2 , putting some mic on your amp, or guitar directly from ux2 to computer?

Back