Audio interface with remote footswitch

BeGrody

I use a Tascam DP-03 for tracking and it has a remote footswitch so you can control record, play, punch-in, and go back to set point all with your foot. This revolutionizes the tracking process.

I tried googling for “Audio interface with remote footswitch” to see if I could find a computer-based interface that has the same feature. But the only results are the same Tascam footswitch!

Does anyone know of an audio interface with an accessory footswitch available?

Not seen such a thing for ages on anything bar the portastudio style one box products. with a normal computer based system, you can automate so much and connect weird things that you could map a piano style sustain pedal to the record function - or even any of the transport buttons.

I don't think you will find an interface like that, but you will find DAWS in which you can remotely control the transport functions via midi. That might be a worthwhile starting point

Yeah, I'd go with a MIDI foot controller myself as it's not strictly limited to your specific Audio Interface. I personally use a footswitch that is connected to my Nektar Panorama P1 mixer as my Record button.

Back