audio interface upgrade

TheBones

i've been doing alot of online browsing lately. looking for a new audio interface. recently i've decided i want something with 4 mic pres on it so i can get a bit better sound when recording a full drumset. i recently purchased a new mac mini with 2gb of ram and i'm looking for a new daw as well. anyway, been doing some looking around and was wondering if anyone had any feedback. i really like the clear sound of my little fast track so i started by looking at the fast track ultra which seems to have mixed results with some defective units. one that really caught my eye and looks exactly like what i would like is the fast track c600 but i can find absolutely no reviews on it anywhere. it looks like a neat little interface but it seems like nobody has bought one. one other that i saw was the akai eie pro but same story no customer feedback. i'm only looking to spend 300-400 on an interface. any help would be great. thanks guys!

I'm going to sound redundant here to members of the site, but look into the Tascam US 800 or 1800. Best bang for the buck IMO.

Sad :(

How much dux it go for? I just bought a tascam us144 but seeing us800 goes gor a hundred makes me want to sell mine immediatly and get those 8 channels!

i'm reading numerous reviews about the us800 not having drivers for OSX Lion that work properly and are updates. and these are new reviews (like a week old). they are selling for a hundred bucks and i seriously had my credit card out. then i got to a couple reviews that start talking about Lion.

I just bought a Fast Track C600. I'm still at work but plan to check it out thoroughly tonight. I was using a lexicon I-onix u22 for a about a year until it developed a problem that the factory is fixing for free right now. But I wanted to get something with more inputs and more headphone outs. I would have bought the next Lexicon device in that line but it was $100 more, offered less options for me. I've not been the biggest fan of M-Audio products, so this will be taking a chance for me. I bought it from Sweetwater for $375, so it will be easy to send back if it's crap.

I'm also on a Mac using Lion 10.7.2, so it may be that the rumors I hear about their drivers not working are true. I'll find out soon enough!

Back