Audio interface issues ! PLEASE HELP ~

ivanyoung

My m-audio fastrack pro got playback issues ! pls help !
It happens when I'm working on my music, I hit playback and the sound starts to....I dunno how to say it in words, its like you put a fast tremolo effects on the tracks !!
I've checked it, its not the file problem, the wave itself is good, so that means the recording function is ok.
It occurs only when playback.....and the weird thing is, it only happen couple mins after I open the project. At first I thought its the software issues, but it will happen when I just listen to some music with my media player too....
I try to raise my buffer to 1024, still.....
I think my computer (intel i7/8gb ram/win 7 64) is powerful enough for music production, so I guess its not the computer issues either....

And finally, I borrowed my friend's m-box mini, THE SAME THING HAPPENED !!!
The only different is the sounds, not like the "tremolo effects" of my FTP, but same crappy buzzing sound after a while of playback!!!

Please help me ! cuz its bothering me so much, I can't concentrate on my work !!! Have to re-open the project whenever the it happens ! :confused::confused:

What DAW are you using? Does it only happen when you try playback through the interface? if you use media player or play the daw (if possible in your setup) through the computers audio card (not the interface) does the same thing happen?

Im using nuendo 4....
Yes, only when it through the interface...
sometimes pops and clicks, sometimes it just go crazy and start buzzing.....
is it becuz of the driver ? cuz I've googled and some say the FTP win 7 64 driver is not stable.....

Yes. It might be driver issues. Have you tried ASIO4ALL as an experiment ?
It might help if the FTP driver is buggy ?

Is this a laptop or desktop ? On some laptops the wireless hardware/drivers can cause problems with audio interfaces.
If it's a laptop, you might want to disable your wireless as a test.

Im using nuendo 4....
Yes, only when it through the interface...
sometimes pops and clicks, sometimes it just go crazy and start buzzing.....
is it becuz of the driver ? cuz I've googled and some say the FTP win 7 64 driver is not stable.....

Have you tried contacting Steinberg or posting your question on steinberg.net forum?

Have you tried contacting Steinberg or posting your question on steinberg.net forum?

I did, but non of them really answer my question, some said its not the software problem.
I do think so too, cuz I got the same problem sometimes when I just play some music thru media player.....
How do I install the "ASIO4ALL" ? Do I need to uninstall my maudio FTP driver first ?
Thanx guys !

Back