Audio interface for professional studio?

Well, I'd be using the XLRs in this case, as I have plenty of multicores around the studio that go straight in to the desk. If I get this set up, I don't have a requirement for TRS / Line, but it's great to have either way.

I've been finding problems with the Behringer desk anyway... noise and signal bleed mainly, though the routing options are great... but I suppose I can just use Nuendo to route all the time instead of just when needed... though I do like the fact I have to do physical EQ / Level setting etc.

I think I shall purchase :)

It's done :D Just over £1k spent on the RME card + 2 DigiMaxes... no looking back now ;P

Hopefully everything will work out when I get them... it'll be my luck I'll still get BSODs.

Thank you very much for your time everyone... though I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get it installed ;P

Hehe, so can I, usually... been sorting BSODs out for years. I have a strange feeling it may be the DVI input on my graphics card - it's not BSODing now and the only difference with the system is I'm using the VGA input. Strange... but time will tell on that one :)

Got them at last! WAAAAAY too long a wait, but it was worth it... I now have 18 channels of audio (16 ADAT and 2 SPDIF via my Focusrite Twintrack Pro)...

Get some nice, clear sounding drums now... looking forward to getting an entire album done on them :) Got rid of the behringer desk too... so I've got shed loads of space now! :)

And the RME 9652 - awesome. TotalMix has expanded my studio capabilities ten fold... and I've now got everything on one card + options to expand.

Thanks a lot for all the advice guys, very much appreciated :)

Just waiting for my Mackie Big Knob now :D

On a bad note - I have to send them back to the manufacturer though... received them new and one of the power LEDs doesn't work and the 44.1KhZ light doesn't work on the other. Sounds fussy, but theior resale value has dropped already. Going to try and get new ones delivered at the same time as have them take these ones back so I'm not without them for too long.

Back