Audio Input Mayhem

Ptron

I started my first recordings with Sonar 4 last night and my old Aardvark Q10. After much frustration I figured out that audio inputs 2&3 and 3&4 were reversed. I.E. if my mic was plugged into input 1 of the Q10, I had to set the track input in Sonar to 3! The Q10 control panel would show the signal coming in on the proper channel but somewhere after that in the signal chain it got switched.

Today, suddenly things got worse. A mic plugged into any channel of the q10 will show up in the proper channel of the Q10 control panel, but ends up in both track inputs settings 7 and 8 in Sonar and only 7 and 8. Whats worse is when I try to record this way the entire mix gets bounced to the track as well whatever's coming through the mic. Not good.

Never had a problem anything like it before. I'm would guess that the fault lies somewhere with the Q10 or it's software but what's weird is that the Q10's control panel gets everything right. I can't find any settings in Sonar I might have messed up. I used Sonar 2 and 3 before so I'm not new to it.

Are you using ASIO or WDM driver mode? Whichever, you might try switching the other one to see what happens.

I believe Aardvark is belly up, so I don't know when the last time a driver update was done.

Did you check the routing panel in the Aark Manager? However, if your Q10 was working correctly with a previous audio application, I don't see what the Q10 or its software could have to do with the problem. Of course, you've checked the Audio device settings in Sonar...

dachay2tnr said:
Are you using ASIO or WDM driver mode? Whichever, you might try switching the other one to see what happens.

I believe Aardvark is belly up, so I don't know when the last time a driver update was done.

ASIO. The Q10 doesn't support WDM. I tried re-installing the driver several times and installing an older version of the driver. The problem persists. I keep hoping I simply screwed up a setting somewhere but I can't imagine what.

Back