'Audio File Not Found' in Garageband. HELP!!

PREVAILED

When i go to open one of my GB projects, 'Audio File Not Found' comes up.. I've searched a few threads on here and the reply's in them didn't help. I'am running a 27'' iMac Quad-Core. The last thing a did was switch a few of the letters in the title to capitals doubt that did anything. I searched it through the spot light clicked on it and same thing No Files. The project does open with the tracks right where there suppose to be but in the top left corner of each Guitar and Bass track it says No File Found. However the drum tracks still remain there just fine.

**Also today a re-recorded the guitar tracks, Saved As, closed GB, reopened it and the same thing, No Audio Files Found. Anyway to obtain these tracks? Or do I have to start a whole new session? Anyway to Avoid this from happening again? ..All my other projects are fine.

Thanks
Rob.

So I can't retain my files there gone?? Is there away to get the drums from this GB project to a new one that you know of?

So I can't retain my files there gone?? Is there away to get the drums from this GB project to a new one that you know of?

I don't believe it's got anything to do with case sensitivity.

What version of GB are you running?

And didn't know if you saw this on the web already:

"...if GB gives you a "Audio File XXX Not Found" error, jot down the name of the file, then do a command-F finder search for the file. If it's not on your hard drive, you're done, sorry.

Next, locate the GB .band file that has the error, and control-click on the file. This will give you a popup menu, and you should select "Show Package Contents". Inside the file there will be at least one file called "projectData" and one folder called "Media". Make a duplicate copy of the missing audio file and drop it into the Media folder. Do not change the name of the file -- GB won't recognize it if you do.

When you do an "Archive" of a GB song, all the audio files, both loops and imports, are stored inside the archive .band file."

There's also this thread on Apple's forums:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2287431&start=0&tstart=0

Old thread but this is one of the top results on google that comes up when searching for 'Garageband audio file not found' and since it just happened to me I thought I'd post my fix.

Issue for me was that I'd uploaded the .band file to Google Drive and then downloaded it onto a new computer. One file was not found, but was there in the 'Show Package Contents > Media > Audio Files' folder.

I noticed that the original filename had an apostrophe in it which had been converted by Drive to an underscore. Changed it back and when I reopened the project it worked fine.

Back