audio cutting out when recording..

redCashion

I recently purchased and installed the Delta 44 soundcard and am very excited to get going with it. Very very excited, but so far for naught.

I am getting this sound when I record, its not a click, its not a pop, its a rhythmic cutting out of the audio at quite high speeds. Almost has an underwater glug glug glug sound because it happens so quickly. I have tried setting the FPS differently, the bit depth differently, basically all the options except for frequency which is at 44.1. I don't think this is an optimization issue because I have already been through that with my last card.

Also, I can record in Samplitude with none of this distortion, but I really would prefer to use Nuendo.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?? Thanks so much for your help...

Check your levels....

You may be clipping 0 dB, which (in digital) causes some nasty distortion. Just monitor your inputs and stay as hot as you can without going over 0.

Ah, this is something I should have mentioned. I am actually recording in at something like -20db, (as shown by my Delta control panel) so its definitely not clipping. Also it isn't your ordinary clipping noise, its not a click or pop, its more of a warbling where sound is just being cut out. It is also a much more drastic sound than clipping, almost like a have some freaky effects pedal going over the whole recording.

Hmmm, try disabling/enabling DMA on your hard drive and on the card (if it has that option). Other than that I dunno man...do you by any chance have a VIA chipset motherboard? Those things seem to screw with everything...

I have DMA checked, and I do have a VIA motherboard. But the thing is, it is recording fine into Samplitude! Maybe I should just switch over but my Samplitude is buggy and I wanted to give Nuendo a try.

Back