Audio Cutting out Unless Loud

hnia6

I just did the 6.07 update for cubase artist 6.

I am noticing that my mic and instrument audio cuts out during recording and/or when record enabled if I sing/play softly. If I play or sing loud, I hear the audio. I don't know where to begin on the cause.

My interface is the M-Audio FTP; the levels are set as ordinary. I have a presonus studio channel and I use it's phantom power. I don't have the phantom running on the FTP. I've used the same settings in the past with no issues. I'm not sure if the update has anything to do with it.

My problem is that when I up the gain on the FTP and/or the PSC enough to sing softly, the levels are way to high if I modulate up.

Is there some kind of setting i'm not thinking of that cuts out low audio? It acts like some kind of filter to cut out background sounds. If I cut the EQ and/or Compression on the PSC, it doesn't make a big difference.

Anyone deal with this before? I know it's not the mic because, as noted, it happens with the instruments as well.

I'm baffled...

Last edited:
Lower the threshold for punching in. Or turn off auto punch. I think all the project templates with vocals are set to punch in and out. I would suggest opening up an empty project, setting it up the way you want it, and using that as your template so you don't have to deal with working around what Cubase thinks you need.

Back