Audio clicks and pops on Lynx Aurora aes16 in recording

Hi,

We have been experience some problems with our Lynx Aurora aes16. The Aurora is adding some low volumen clicks in the recordings that it´s not in the sound. We have tried almost everything, reinstalling the drivers and firmware, different buffer sizes and it´s still there. My computer is a Mac pro with El Capitan 10.11.6 and the DAW is Ableton live. The firmware on the Aurora is from May 2016 and I have to install other firmware but the computer did not allowed to install it, saying there is not enough RAM. The clock on the Aurora is set to internal.

For now We have no idea what to do to solve this issue?

Anyone knows how can I solve this problem?

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing audio clicks and pops on your Lynx Aurora AES16. This can be a frustrating issue to deal with, and unfortunately, there can be a lot of variables that contribute to it. I would recommend trying some of the following things:

- Checking your computer's operating system and firmware version, and making sure they are both up-to-date.
- Tweaking your DAW's buffer size settings.
- Checking the cables you are using to connect the Aurora to your computer, and ensuring they are in good condition.
- Updating the firmware on your Aurora unit.

If you've tried all of these things and are still experiencing clicks and pops, I would recommend contacting Lynx support for further assistance.

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Did all you said except to check the cables. I will do it tomorrow and check again the firmware of the Aurora in case I miss anything. I have already contact with Lynx support.
Best

Hi,

We have been experience some problems with our Lynx Aurora aes16. The Aurora is adding some low volumen clicks in the recordings that it´s not in the sound. We have tried almost everything, reinstalling the drivers and firmware, different buffer sizes and it´s still there. My computer is a Mac pro with El Capitan 10.11.6 and the DAW is Ableton live. The firmware on the Aurora is from May 2016 and I have to install other firmware but the computer did not allowed to install it, saying there is not enough RAM. The clock on the Aurora is set to internal.

For now We have no idea what to do to solve this issue?

Anyone knows how can I solve this problem?
Sounds to me like your Software is corrupted - and you should buy the Ram to upgrade your system - and a SSD if you don't have one yet - why are you living in 2016?

I have to upgrade the computer with a SSD. We have it in mind for quite while now.
Do you think with a SSD the software will running well?
And which software do you mind is corrupted? the lynx driver?

Problem solved!!
The guy from Lynx support told us the solution. We have to set the clock of the Lynx to AES because having the DAW and the converter to internal are causing clock errors. Now clicks are gone. What a release :)
Thanks a lot for your replies
Best
Mahy and Nichel

Back