Audio Breaking up on playback & Recording

dvs recordings

Man am I frustrated, Hopefully someone here can help. I am using Samplitude 2496 as my software and my soundcard is the Midiman Delta 44 with the 4 ins and outs .External mixer is Behringer 802A . Operating system is pentium with celeron 850mhz and 330 meg of ram and removable 20 gig 5400rpm hard drive. The reason for the two removable drives is that I am sharing this computer with the kids. I know that is not recommended but the soundcards have been designated apart from each other and the midiman is on its own IRQ ,WHICH IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE USED FOR GAMES. My application is to tracks vocals over pre-recorded audio ( karaoke ) and then mix away. with the effects plugins my cpu is running at approx. 45-49% I'm not sure if the sound card and Samplitude buffer settings are correct or whether the 5400 harddrive is the problem. The song will be going along fine during recording or playback and then there will be errors showing on the screen from break ups in the audio. I recieved the software from a friend who told me it was a cracked version from the net.Are these versions problematic?Should running only 2 tracks of audio cause these problems? . Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dave

It may be the buffer settings for the card. I doubt that it is the fact that the software you are using is cracked. Shame on you. :)

I've gotten up to 15 tracks on a 5400 drive, so that probably isn't the problem, either.

Windows operating systems typically have all kinds of bells and whistles that interupt smooth audio performance, too, unless you optimize your computer for audio. You may want to check out this page:

http://www.tascam.com/support/faq/pc_optimize/index.php

See sections 5 and 6- maintainence and optimization.

Hopefully with your 2 harddrive setup you can optimze the OS on your drive and still have all the bells and whistles for the kids' drive.

Good luck!
Chris

Hello Dave, since this is your first post, here is a little advice:

Some folks around here dont take kindly to pirated software. No lecture coming here, but next time, dont mention it.

Chris, thanks for the info on the operating system. Hopefully it solves some of these issues I have had to deal with. Really bit off more than I can chew this time. It's good to have a site like this. Especially for the people like me. And to Dave k, makes sense, thanks for the heads up. My apologies if I offended anyone my first time through. It surely was not the intention.Part of the learning curve I guess. Any thoughts on Cu Base as a software application. As well maybe I missed something on the registration, but how do you insert all these happy/pissed off faces into your notes?

Regards,
Dave

Back