Audible Pops In Playback

chapelhillbilly

Heyall,

So i was playing back some past recorded sessions the other night and I noticed that I was getting some really annoying audible "pops" all throughout the playbacks. These pops WERE NOT in the actual recordings because when I would stop it and re-play it, the pops might either be less frequent or more frequent in different places.

A friend said it may have something to do w/ the effects in the tracks but I don't use any effects and one of the recordings was just a session where I mic'd the room for a rehearsal.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks to you all, as alwasy,
Don

I dont know if your using the computer along with internet...But I know when I had that problem I just turned off my WiFi during every session and it got rid of the problem...others have recommended to disable any firewall running...hope this helps..

Options>Settings>System

Try increasing the buffer size and see if that makes a difference.

Options>Settings>System

Try increasing the buffer size and see if that makes a difference.

Do you mean, Edit>Preferences>System Tab? Under that tab, all I see is "Wave Cache Size" and it's set at 32MB. Is this the same thing and if so, what should I increase it to?

Thanks!

Do you mean, Edit>Preferences>System Tab? Under that tab, all I see is "Wave Cache Size" and it's set at 32MB. Is this the same thing and if so, what should I increase it to?

Thanks!

THIS IS THE ONE THING THAT RAISES IT'S UGLY, CRACKLY HEAD FROM TIME TO TIME, in all the years I've been playing thru this format....
I have found that 'drawing' volume/pan envelopes in the MULTI view can sometimes be the cause of the pops..etc.
Sometimes by just 'ever so slightly' re-plotting the curves can eliminate a lot of these friggin pops.
Or I play with the buffer sizes, as suggested above!..the help menu is quite good for showing you how and why this is done.
Get back to us.
ps...32 mb cache size seems a little low?

Back