audacity

hrwmusic

Your mo-o-ovin' so fast..
im recording into audacity and i was just woundering if there were any ways to inhance it. I have plenty of plugins, but are there any people working on it and letting it be avaliable elsewhere? Are there any other freeware programs that help add features, maybe a mixer program?

just woundering :rolleyes:

thanks guys!

hrwmusic said:
im recording into audacity and i was just woundering if there were any ways to inhance it. I have plenty of plugins, but are there any people working on it and letting it be avaliable elsewhere? Are there any other freeware programs that help add features, maybe a mixer program? !

If you're running Linux or Mac OS X, you might check out Ardour.

i use windows...and im downloading kristal now, any other ideas guys?

---
edit: also, does anyone know if you can record in 2 seperate tracks in audacity at a time. like for me it would be; tarck 1-fast track pro line 1
track 2-fast track pro line 2

thanks

Last edited:
I highly recommend you look into a different recording program. If im not mistaken you can actually download Adobe Audtion (Cool Edit) for free the full program which is way better than Audacity.

misscc803 said:
I highly recommend you look into a different recording program. If im not mistaken you can actually download Adobe Audtion (Cool Edit) for free the full program which is way better than Audacity.

no, only for 30 days...

anyone else have a recomendation for windows xp?
it would help alot! :D

if you know how to track properly (mic technique, and your sound card is good), there is no reason kristal or audacity will not work well. there are enough free vst plugins that you can get some good effects (reverb, compression, EQ) and if you capture the sound like you're supposed to, then you should be able to make some great recordings with this free software. in fact, I was thinking of recording an entire album with audacity and sort of advertise that fact.

Yeah, a great point there. As for now im going to use audacity, but eventually ill partition the free space on my hard drive and install linux and test out some of their freeware too...what do i have to loose!? :D

hrwmusic said:
i use windows...and im downloading kristal now, any other ideas guys?

---
edit: also, does anyone know if you can record in 2 seperate tracks in audacity at a time. like for me it would be; tarck 1-fast track pro line 1
track 2-fast track pro line 2

thanks

I believe Audacity can record up to 16 tracks. Just look under the Project menu and add audio track/add stereo track.

It can, but not at once. Single record at one time. Unless I completely missed the "arm for record" buttons when I last used it.

Ohhhhhhhhh Yeah

scrubs said:
Reaper is currently freeware, as it is still in development. I've heard some great things, though I haven't had a chance to really test it out yet.

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

WOW! holy cow!

im loving this man, thank you! The only downfall is the editing capabilities in the wave form suck. But other then that its a great multitrack recording program, i just picked it up and its sick.

lol, just thought id let you all know... :rolleyes:
off to work!

Back