Auction: PRO Studio selling everything

Wow. Lots of stuff to drool over. Wish the bids were displayed so you had an idea what the going rate for some of that stuff was. Since nobody else has bid on that ProTools rig, I might just bid $10 to see if I get it!!

That bispotter link seems to be seriously fishy. You can go to eBay and there the things that on Bidspotter is listed at starting at $10 is listed as starting on $600.

Go figure.

You have to send in a $200 deposit to bid on stuff. If you don't win anything it's returned, but still, that ruins my jive.

Chris Fallen said:
You have to send in a $200 deposit to bid on stuff. If you don't win anything it's returned, but still, that ruins my jive.

wow. lame. What's wrong with using regular ebay, seriously?

I think managing that many auctions on eBay would be a real nightmare. The deposit makes it like a real auction, weeding out the losers before bidding even starts.

With such a large number of items for sale, the number of deadbeat or slow paying eBay bidders would make administering the auction really difficult. I've done quite a few eBay auctions as a seller and the slow paying or dissapearing bidders really make your life miserable. So on the scale of this auction, it would be impossible. I personally don't see anything fishy about how they are doing it.

I signed up for bidspot and this auction before I found out about the deposit. The guy putting it on gave me a call yesterday to ask if I was going to put down a deposit and I let him know that I wasn't cause I didn't have extra money to sling around. He said okay, and let me know they're putting anything left over on ebay. Woo hoo.

Back