ATTN: Ivory Piano users and those interested!!

darkecho

http://www.synthogy.com/register/ilok_information.html

I could be completely mistaken, but based on everything I have read, it seems that Ivory is switching over to an iLok system, and that is EXACTLY what I have been trying to avoid with all of my software.

I think I speak for most of the (at least Mobile) DAW users when I say that:

I HATE USB KEY/HARDWARE LICENSE SECURITY!!!

Unfortunately, I think this means that any existing ivory user will have to buy an iLok and be forced to tote another peice of easy-to-lose and break physical junk just to use the damn software that we already payed for.

I hate it when companies punish their paying customers for legitimately buying their software! I for one am not willing to have to plug in a ************* USB key every time I open a logic project with Ivory in it (basically every project I have currently!!!)

If you are with me and want to see this decision turned around, PLEASE send an email to Ivory's support defaming the idea of iLok!!!

If they see how pissed off we are, they may just reconsider their decision to make us all hardware-bound.

for best result, please carbon-copy (cc:) your message to all of these three accounts:

support@synthogy.com
register@synthogy.com
support@ilio.com

maybe we can get through to them that this will just make our lives more frusterating and this reputable company will realize that there are less punishing ways to avoid piracy than by putting the burden of inconvenience on its legitimate, paying customers.

Also, copy and post this on any other software/music site you know of that might contain Ivory users so that we might change their minds!

Back