Attention: Mytek Stereo 96 users

Simmons

Can the Mytek Stereo 96 unit be used as two "unlinked" individual channels feeding two different mono tracks...or does it always work as a stereo unit? I'm wondering if I can use it as my main AD converter. I don't see a "link" switch like on the Lucid AD9624.

Simmons said:
Can the Mytek Stereo 96 unit be used as two "unlinked" individual channels feeding two different mono tracks...or does it always work as a stereo unit? I'm wondering if I can use it as my main AD converter. I don't see a "link" switch like on the Lucid AD9624.

Not that I'm aware of. There's only one pot.
The Myteks are fantastic converters.

Last edited:
Simmons said:

i use my stereo 96 unit as 2 mono inputs to feed a kick and a snare into 2 sepreate mono tracks in pro tools. the spdif cable carries 2 sepreate channels of digital information and clock. so i would answer your question with a "yes".

i use my stereo 96 unit as 2 mono inputs to feed a kick and a snare into 2 sepreate mono tracks in pro tools. the spdif cable carries 2 sepreate channels of digital information and clock. so i would answer your question with a "yes".

Excellent. That's exactly the answer I was looking for...

Simmons said:
Excellent. That's exactly the answer I was looking for...

I thought you meant if the unit can work as dual mono having independant puts for each channel, which it still can't do.

The unit having two channels is a given.

Back