Attention Marshall owners!

JR#97

I want to hear your amp mic'd! Just a short un-accompanied sample of your Marshall clean and also dirty. No fx. Please list model, amp settings, cabinet/speakers, mic, and guitar. Thanks! I'll be posting some samples of mine later tonight. I'm also going to be modding tonight and will have before/after samples.

Do you think this is fair to the non Marshall owners?

I feel so........... inferior...:(

Wanna hear my Roland cube 15 practice amp?...:p

Kelly5150 said:

Don't feel inferior. I'd prefer anything above a >80ies marshall. They had some acceptable/good amps, but that's a long time ago. The sound just breaks apart. I like a sound that is compact, dense, not shattered, a sound that can stand on it's own without being on top of everything else. Recent Marshalls can't do that. And I'm not talking just valvestate here.

I've recorded guitars with a cheap peaveyamp and my Vtwin as a pre, and this sounded better as ALOT of marshall tube amps I heared... :rolleyes: Boooooooh!

Kelly5150 said:

Wanna hear my Roland cube 15 practice amp?...:p

Sure, I'd love hear your Roland. :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

The whole reason for this is that I want know what people are talking about when they stuff like "plexi" sound vs "bluesbreaker", "jtm", or "jcm". I'm completely clueless on all of that.

Eventually I want Fenders, Vox, Boogies, etc. Sort of an amp sound database per se.

I figure your Roland cube sound can go right next to my Roland JC120 on the page!

Back