ATR ReelECO Box?

Bguzaldo

Anyone know anything about this? I dunno if its a pancake with some cheap packaging or if its just on a "green" Flange of some sort? Or maybe its only a flange?

ATR Magnetics, LLC

I use 1" and its 110 dollars cheaper for the eco box!

-Barrett

eco - for "economy" ,

"friendly" - my a$$ ..... :drunk:

just cheap cardboard: Picture link - http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/usrecordingmedia-store_2139_1520695

usrecordingmedia-store_2139_1520695

courtesy of US Recording Media

P.S.
V - for Victory ,
;)

I have to think that for $54 you'd be getting a 1" metal reel, no tape, sent to you in a cardboard box.

I have to think that for $54 you'd be getting a 1" metal reel, no tape, sent to you in a cardboard box.

Yeah I thought that was possible but there's a note on the website

"Please call for prices on our empty take up reels. They come in all sizes. Prices do not include freight and insurance. "

I'm gonna send them an email and then probably order 100 reels of tape

on their "product" page they say it's "Precision Reel", but I would not trust that list, they could make mistake there. I'd first contact the seller/dealer who ever you are buying it from to make sure what it is.

on their "product" page they say it's "Precision Reel", but I would not trust that list, they could make mistake there. I'd first contact the seller/dealer who ever you are buying it from to make sure what it is.

Yeah, I sent em an email about 10 minutes ago. I'll keep you guys posted!

I got an email from Mike at ATR and i think he may have missed my question but he did tell me they DO NOT sell 1" or 2" as pancakes so either they are discontinued or out of stock, there maaaaay be hope for super cheap reels, but I am very doubtful....

their 1" x 2500 "master" tape is in the area of 150 bloody bucks or so for a single cake (or on reel), also I saw those being sold in packs of four only.
Their damn empty reels are in the range of 30 - 70 bloody bucks .....

You gotta contact the actual seller(dealer) who you are going to buy it from to know for sure what you are getting...

I don't know what the hell their "list" is about , it's pretty confusing ...heh heh :eek:

the shiny box with cheesy logo on it or a non-shiny box with cheesy logo on it should not be a big difference in price, but I would not be so surprised if they sell their shiny ones for extra ten-twenty bucks or what not ...LOL :spank:

p.s.
God Bless N.O.S. "black market". :p
I don't care what people say about how great it is that some "companies" still manufacturing new tape. And, btw, YES, I did give it a deep thought .... ;)

uh, I think I figured their "list" out.
Look at the Part Number Column
If there's no letter at the end , then it's tape on a reel
Letter "P" at the end - Pancake
Letter "E" at the end - Empty Reel

the box type is noted in the "Packaging" column

So part number ATR10907E must be empty 1"x2500 reel in the cheapo box :), and it looks like they missed the word "empty" in the description. 54 bucks.

ATR10907 - 1"x2500 tape on the reel in shiny box - 164 bucks

dodgeaspen, for that amount of moola' , I guess, if you bitch enough on the phone they may send you couple of extra shiny boxes as a gift ... heh heh :D :drunk: :D

Back