ATR Magnetics Website

N7SC

If you have not taken a look at ATR Magnetics' web site lately, maybe you would like what is going on there. The URL is www.nothingsoundsliketape.com

They have fully redone the site and although most of the links to product info, tech info, etc. don't work yet, it is a good sign. The tech info. link is especially welcome, as is the promise of tech tips and deck set-up info.

And I really like the 6-bolt, precision reels they will be selling their tape on, especially the sexy blue machined hub. Hope they sell those suckers empty too.

Follow-up thought:

I'm wondering if the big announcement of availability of production tape will come at TapeOpCon, June 16th. ATR does have a big spot for it on their own web site, and companies are known to annouce products at big events like that.

We can but hope. Wow, think about it: Three manufacturers all going at once, making analog tape!

N7SC said:
Follow-up thought:

I'm wondering if the big announcement of availability of production tape will come at TapeOpCon, June 16th. ATR does have a big spot for it on their own web site, and companies are known to annouce products at big events like that.

We can but hope. Wow, think about it: Three manufacturers all going at once, making analog tape!

Four. I'm trying to score some Zonal 700 at the moment.

N7SC said:
I didn't know Zonal was still in production.

They came back. They exhibited at the last AES, apparently. I've ordered three reels of '700 from Canford Audio, mainly to see if will turn up.
Here's the brochure: http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/resources/catdetails/2804.pdf

Zonal's website (which seems to be around 10 years out of date) lives here:
http://www.zonalmedia.co.uk - but they don't mention R2R tape as it's a fairly recent thing. Mostly they sell red oxide tape to third-world countries, or so I've heard. When Quantegy crashed out they began to reissue 675 and more recently, 700, which is their 456 equivalent.

the site looks good :cool:

also, I can't wait to see some "tips and tricks" from a brand-name tape maker ;) :D

Bigsnake00 said:
I would remove a testicle for one of those ATR 2" 8 tracks....anyone know a price on one of those puppies?

You would have to give the other testicle to buy the 2" tape. :D

The good news is you will have great recording equipment and the vocal range of Michael Jackson… you will be unstoppable. :p :)

Beck said:
You would have to give the other testicle to buy the 2" tape. :D
heh heh .... good one ;) :p

Beck said:
The good news is you will have great recording equipment and the vocal range of Michael Jackson… you will be unstoppable. :p :)
lol
Upon arrival of the new "member of family" miss Margo, my older dog Sparkey was forced to give up both at once and got nothing in return :mad: :mad: :mad:
as a matter of fact it cost a couple of potential valuable e-bay purchaces.
Also I have not noticed any expansion in Sparkey's vocal range, while He still means business when it comes to approaching UPS-man in his ugly truck and alike intruders (something that my wife was hoping will change... but no luck there) :D
Sparkey is the Man on the right, you can guess who's Margo:

Attachments

• family.jpg
    family.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 27
Sparkey definitely has that "Where the hell are my balls?" thousand-yard stare. :D

Back