AT4040 For Hip Hop Vocals

yeah its good... but It would be better to get the at4050, that's the one that kanye west, and sometimes even mariah carey use... it has multiple polar patterns, a pad and a nice bass roll-off switch

yeah its good... but It would be better to get the at4050, that's the one that kanye west, and sometimes even mariah carey use... it has multiple polar patterns, a pad and a nice bass roll-off switch

Hmm. I didn't know that. I wanna pick up that AT4040 in a few weeks. The AT4050 is a little too rich for me right now!

Thats badass...im hoping to have one of those mics in the future.

I'm an old fart and I'm not into hip hop (mainly 60's rock and folk) but, for vocals and recording acoustic guitar, the AT 4040 is a decent LD condenser mic. I've also used a it for recording from amp as well and it did a much better job than I would have expected. It's a fairly versatile mic and well worth the price IMHO.

I have recently hooked up with an old highschool buddy who is now a hiphop producer....he has had stuff on BET and MTV....I have been recording his latest project and the 3 mics getting the most use are an AT4040, SM7, and a few times we used an Oktava modded MK-319.

I got my 4050 used from a gearslutz.com member for a little bit ($50) more than a new 4040.

Excellent mic BTW.
Oh you're gonna go a brag about it now huh??? LOL! Jus kidding. Wish i could have caught that. Is it really that much better than the at4040?

Oh you're gonna go a brag about it now huh??? LOL! Jus kidding. Wish i could have caught that. Is it really that much better than the at4040?

Im thinking its the same capsul...both mics have bass roll off and a -10dB pad switch...but with the 4050 you get different polar pattern options....

but I could be wrong.....

Back