AT4033a, AT4033cl. Same mic ?

I just bought a "new" AT4033CL" on ebay. The box and everything else says AT4033CL but printed on the mic is 4033a. Seems shady to me. Can you tell me just what this difference is? Thanks.

from what i understand, the "a" version is the original 4033...then a-t planned to replace the 4033 with the 4040, but high demand for the 4033 brought it back as the "cl" version, which has a different shockmount

i'm not an expert, but i'm pretty sure that's the story there

from what i understand, the "a" version is the original 4033...then a-t planned to replace the 4033 with the 4040, but high demand for the 4033 brought it back as the "cl" version, which has a different shockmount

Ahhhh !!! Sounds good. Hope that's the case. Any Ebay purchase I make I feel like it's a scam in the making.

Thanks everyone. It sounds pretty decent to me so I'm happy. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. Two of you mentioned minor differences. Just curious, what are the differences ?

spl 147 to 145
range 20- 20 now 30 - 20
maybe self noise but I can't remember, think they might both be in the high teens

Back