at4033

gatezk

im recording into my computer using an OMNI studio setup. is ther a preamp for 500 or less that would make the 4033 sound better than it does with the preamp that comes with the OMNI?
ive heard the joemeek collection would be a good choice, any recomendationa?

-guy with his fingers crossed

I also have a 4033 that I've used for all kind of things{vox ,guit,percus} and I've found that mic sounds best with a straight wire pre {uncolored} ,or as close to that as possible..For cheap I've had good luck with a Event EMP 1{about 200.00 used}.For the cash its pretty transparent/clean..But what works for me might not be good for you..Listen to the Meek stuff only you can decide if it works for you ..Happy hunting.

Don

the pres on the omni are pretty dang good.

I compared them to the joemeek vc6q and they held ground quite well. I dont think that the $400 spent on the joemeek would make a noticeable improvement.

oh i see...

aite cool, thnx for the help guys. ill check out those pres, but ill probably end up sticking with the OMNIs pres. i guess i just got some learning to do in the editing side of things.

peace

Cyan,

didnt you find you could pull a more colored sound out of the Joe Meek?......

if hes looking for clean/transparent, the omni pres stand up there with the best in his $$$ range.....

Back