AT2020 Microphone & Shure X2U adapter? Good mix?

beclet

Hello! I am just wondering if anyone knows how the Audio Technica AT2020 condenser microphone behaves with the Shure X2U XML to USB adapter?

The mic: AT2020 | Audio-Technica Australia
X2U adapter: X2u XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter | Shure Americas

I already have the AT2020 mic and I am looking for a high quality phantom power XML interface / adapter that is around the $100 mark and doesn't take up much space on my desk. So far this beauty seems like the go, but anyone have any other suggestions or experience they could share?

I have read a few reviews online and some say they have had a "hissing / background noise" issue with the Shure X2U on Windows 7. However I did find the below solution that seems promising after googling the existing issue and many others have done the same thing and managed to fix the hiss problem.

This is an apparent solution to the hiss (can anyone confirm this works before I buy the X2U and I happen to get this issue?) View image: Screenshot 2014 08 02 20 07 08

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

I don't know about the Shure X2U, but you can get an ART USB dual pre for $60, it got two phantom power inputs, monitors, and headphone. I also have an AT2020 works perfectly with the USB dual pre, can't be beat for $60.

Thanks! Took a while to get a response here so I decided to go ahead and buy the X2U. Should arrive in a few days. Considering it's more than double in price of the ART USB, and also the fact you say the ART works great, I'm keen to try out the X2U.

Back