At this point in time,who do you feel is the hottest producer in Hip-Hop,and why?

to me, Kanye West has the hottest sound out right now...

dre would normally get the nod from me, but he`s been real inconsistent this year...

I agree about Dre being on and off so I would have to say Quik right now. His new album is bangin' and he's got a lot of work under his belt.

dj krush

the mans a genius

hes been in hip hop for a long ass time as well

if you havent peeped any of his stuff
i recomend you do

peace
LB

The Neptunes [Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams]

a.k.a.

"[N*E*R*D]..

...steer into hip-hop's post-apocalyptic sunset, where Steely Dan and Queen combust with Kool & the Gang and Earth, Wind & Fire. Confused? Don't worry: It's so funky, it doesn't have to make sense." - Details

~3des

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." --Thomas Edison

kanye and blaze are tight.
7 areulius he's a hard hitter
mannie and jazzy they doin there thing
i'd like to here more from david banner i think hes got some shhh

lately i've been ito that phonk beta tho

but if your goin off commercial success at the moment yeah the neptunes its jus soundin to much the same to me

i do hav a new respect for tim tho after i saw how he did that justin timberlake cry me a river wit his mouth on mtv ohhh boy

Yeah, to be honest, I can't say much for the production work Neptunes have done for others (most of the mainstream stuff I don't listen to), but their self produced 'N.E.R.D.' is about as cutting edge as anything out there.

I would also go with Dre just because whenever he produces you always get something special, but he hasn't really done that much this year (I suppose it's last year now, tho). But the stuff that he did on Eminem Show was good. Pity em's getting into more producing his own shit now so he only did a few songs.

I might of gone for Quik, but he did that sampling shit, costing Dre and others a lot of money - I thought that was a bit irresponsible to say he was gonna get paid to do it as well, it wouldn't of cost that much of his wage for sample clearance.

So I'll go for me......... haha! Because I'm just brilliant! And you just can't beat that beat with shit sounds and bad reviews! Only one beat ever and I'm the best! HaHa! How can anyone possibly stand up to this? That's the sort of thing that would make even a legend like Dre start to sweat!

I gotta go with what Eminem is doing as of late of the production side...He shit is hard and gutter..Just like me and it got that gangsta appeal to it..Just like me.....That fool is jus raw sicc with his shit as of late........

When Quick gave the beat to dre he let dre know about the sample. Dre said he tried to find where it came from and couldnt so he jus put it out. thats dre's bad not Quicks.

sort of like when bus took that joint from the ol drugs commercial
(this is serious drugs can make you delerious you should have a healthy fear of us cause to much of us is dangerous)and they had those circle pills singin them back in the day. I know someone in here remembers that

Back