At around $1,000... which one?

AikiPat

Hi there,

I am trying to decide between a Yamaha P80, the Kurzweil SP88X and a Roland RD150. I haven't had a chance to actually try any of them yet but I'm heading down to the music store today. I'm looking for the best piano sound, action and reliability.

Any opinions as to which one would be best for digital recording/gigging, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

I shopped around for about four months looking for a keyboard and narrowed it down to three:

1. yamaha p80
2. roland rd 150
3. kurzweil sp88x

I went with the p80 because of the realistic feel (the best of any keyboard) and the piano sounds. I didn't really need a whole lot of other sounds. The rd 150 feel was too light and the sp88x keys feel like cheap plastic. However, it depends on what you like. If you want realistic feeling and want to improve your playing go with the p80. You might want to check out the yamaha p120. Basically the same as the p80, but with speakers and a few added sounds. Check out this forum: http://MusicPlayer.com/Keyboard

Good luck

Thanks CP1!

I got a chance today to play around with those three at the music store and I agree about the P80.

I did like the Kurzweil too though and I saw a refurb. one for $300 cheaper that's still under warranty.

So... I haven't quite decided yet.

Thanks again for the input!

Pat

Yo AikiPatiKeyboardi:]

Also one you might want to look at is the Korg SP-100. I have one in my studio as an "extra" keyboard. Nice key feel; good piano patch plus some other patches -- vibes are good.

Can be used with cans -- no one else will hear you late at night when your creative juices are flowing.

Cost: under 1k.

Try one as you are in a comparison mode.

Green Hornet

:D :D :p

Thanks Green Hornet,

Actually I was able to try one out today along with the other three. It had very nice feel and $100 cheaper.

Tough Choices...

Thanks for the input people!

Pat

Back