AT 3060 Tube Mic

Buffalo Bob

Anyone have a price or a source for these? There's an ad in TapeOp, and it looks very interesting. I can't find anyone who has one!:mad:

thanks,

Bob

yea i', with Flatpicker on the responce...
everyone is making affordable tube mics these days..how much should this mic be?? less than the at4040? i have a friend that plans on buying a 4040 by the end of feb...

Looks like an 8-10dB roll between 10k out to 20k. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd like to hear it on vocals.

If anyone could sing above 10,000 cycles they should choose another mic, and jion the Circus, because you ought to be in a freak show. Nobody will accuse it of being too bright.

Hey Darrin -

I understand that you record folk people. What do you use for a recorder - computer or stand alone DAW?

Bob

darrin_h2000 said:
If anyone could sing above 10,000 cycles they should choose another mic, and jion the Circus, because you ought to be in a freak show.

That's a little misleading. While no one sings fundamental pitches that high, there is plenty of information in that range from upper harmonic overtones, consonant transients, and breath. If you don't believe me, put a brickwall filter at 10k on some of your vocal tracks and see if you can't hear a lot of the life sucked out of them. Hell, even the SM57 will pick up stuff a lot higher than that.

Back