AT-3035's for drum overheads?

probably. LDC's can be great for OH's...i wasn't too sure, but it looked as though some sort of A-T LDCs were used last week when pearl jam was on the tonight show...they were black, and had the A-T shaped capsules, but the camera never got too close to them

What's your recoring setup? What size kit is it? What kinda sound are you going for. We need to know this to really help you narrow it down.

they'll work, but probably aren't the best choice for the money. if you already have them, then go ahead and use them. If you're looking to spend some money on mics for overheads, small diaphrams are more than likely the way you'll want to go.

I own 2 3035's that I bought before I really had any idea what I should be buying for overheads(I still don't have that good of an idea which is why I wont suggest any alternatives).........they definitely work, and I've done some good recordings with them, but whenever I have the chance to borrow small diaphram condensers from friends, I use them instead.

I've used the 3035's on 2 singers where I was actually really impressed with the vocal sound.

Yup..the 3035 is a very clear,low-noise and versatile condenser mic. it works exceptionally well on my voice. also i get good overall mixes with this mic.

Back