Asking a date by a song... would it work???

zero00

Hi to all, i asked a girl to go out with me (like a blind date) and she told me: what if you are a psycho killer? hahaha, so i made this song... anyway, any comment is welcome as always Mix/mastering, instrumentation, vocals, etc.

Link

Regards

Last edited:
Hi to all, i asked a girl to go out with me (like a blind date) and she told me: what if you are a psyco killer? hahaha, so i made this song... anyway, any comment is welcome as always Mix/mastering, instrumentation, vocals, etc.

Link

Regards

Nice power pop... "Psycho" has an "h" in it, incidentally... ;)

Drums start out a little edgy, but then get nudged aside when the vocals come in; the vox might be a bit up in the mix. The drums have most of the life squished out of them. listen to the decay on the crash that goes down the left side... Good writing, and energetic performance. The chorus has a nice hook...

Hi Llarion, thanks, i'll check that right now... i don't now, but i always have problems with the crash... the problem in the crash is that goes off too fast right?

Regards

..'Hi to all, i asked a girl to go out with me (like a blind date)'.

Don't take the chance, I hear women have diseases and are looney tunes.:D

Llarion, i asked to two different drummers, and both said that the crash is fine, but, strangely, an engineer told me what you said... i checked the crash and i did't find it... could you please tell me in which part of the song that crash sounds weird to you?

Slowrider, you said what???

The drums are definitely the weak link. Lifeless. No depth. You like compression, huh? The kick gets buried most of the time and snare has no life. The cymbals do have that over-compressed sound to them.

Are you singing in english? I can't make out hardly any of the lyrics. You could be singing out date rape for all I know, and while that would be cool, I wouldn't get it.

The rest sounds okay.

Greg_L, thanks, i heard so many times the song that i can't get those things... bad ears, bad everything... i heard the song now and you are right... i'll make a brand new mix, and i'll re-track the vocals... hopefully improving them.

Is English your first language? The vocals have a very J-pop sound to them (like The Pillows or something).

It's a pretty good song. I can't really speak to the drums (not my forte, though I wouldn't be surprised if Myspace was largely to blame for your cymbals.), but the rest of the instrumentation sounds solid.
I like the breakdown before the last chorus and at the end.

Is English your first language?

It was, until the age of 3... change country (my father's job), change the accent and hear i am... trying to take it back :D, anyway this are demos, and the real vocalist will sing them hopefully very soon.

It's a pretty good song. I can't really speak to the drums (not my forte, though I wouldn't be surprised if Myspace was largely to blame for your cymbals.), but the rest of the instrumentation sounds solid.
I like the breakdown before the last chorus and at the end.

My Myspace site has a soundclick player, so the quality is 128 Kb/44.100 Hz, try using that player, the other sucks. The problem is my bad use of the plug ins.

Thanks for the compliments about the song.

Back