ASIO vs MME

Stealthtech

LOGIC ABUSER
Im curious as to which drivers are the better of the two.
Im considering a Lynx2 card. Im running WIN XP and it appears as though the drivers for WIN XP are MME {ASIO 2.0 for MAC}
I've always used ASIO with Logic so Im a little concerned about it.

Any thoughts from those of you that know driver specs ?

You may want to email pipeline about the differences between the drivers. I know he has had some experience both good and bad with this in the Lynx cards.

I think there are now Windows ASIO drivers for the lynx available online, aren't there?

Anyhow, ASIO is a low latency standard developed by steinberg. MME is your regular old windows "multimedia extentions" driver used by most windows applications, and does not provide low latency.

In other words, use ASIO. And I just checked the lynx website and saw that as of November of last year there are ASIO drivers for the Lynx2 on Win2k/XP. Better late than never.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks Jake for your reply...and I got your email reply as well...preciate it.
Slack, your right. although I made a typo error on my post. I meant to say Lynx1. I currently cant afford a 2 unless I find a used one.
But I did find that driver page on their site. I dont know why I missed it, but it claims that there are now ASIO2 drivers for the Lynx1 for XP. Thats music to my ears.

Thanks guys for the replies.

Back