ASIO Troubles: Cant hear sound

TheOverallKyle

Hey I've been recording demos for some time now and finally worked my way up to Cubase 4. I use a PC and run mics through a Fast Track Ultra into the computer. So Here's my story:

I have been able to record perfectly on other DAW's (Reaper, Audcacity, Fruity Loops) but in Cubase, I have had to change to an ASIO driver for any input to be recognized. I have the inputs correctly aligned with the busses and everything but I CANNOT HEAR THE MUSIC I RECORD!!
I dont know if it has something to do with the driver or the way the outputs are set. I have them running through the stereo outs so I think its all lined up correctly. Any suggestion??

Im using the ASIO driver that came with the Fast Track Ultra.

Any advice will be appreciated

Hmm,
So you can see your meters movin, so the inputs there, but no output? Can you see the outputs working? Theres a little moniter button on each track that has to be lit/on to monitor. I'm using an M-Audio 2496 and the driver does not have a direct monitor setting that works, I have to go through the card. Its a bit tricky getting all the right settings in VST Devices. Are you sure your busses are set-up and activated in VST connections.?

Sometimes you just have to face the fact that with certain systems you will never hear anything, there will never be any sound. :(

I'm on Cubase 4 on a Mac...

Up top in the Devices menu... hit device Setup...

In the box that comes up, where it says "VST Audio System", right under that it should say whatever your interface is... select that...

Are the output ports active?

Another one to check: also in the Devices Menu... select VST Connections and a box should come up... select Outputs in that box.... are the outputs directed to any outputs or are they "Not Connected"?

Also: go to your interface manufacturer's website and make sure you have the latest version driver and not some version they knew didn't work a year ago. :mad:

Maybe that will work... if not I'm gonna resort back to that "sometimes you need to face the fact" bullshit! :)

i'm also on a mac but cubase studio 4 and i lose all audio output on a regular basis. usually after i've been using it for a couple of hours. i've tried altering the buffery thing and making audio priority and all that but it still happens. the meters keep going but no sound is output.

all i do is close cubase down and reopen it again and it all works fine. :confused:

Back