ASIO related Stresses

nialldoran

Hye need some quick help, i recently updated my asio driver, now thats fine, but when i was mixing before i updated the driver i used to have a "full driver duplex" option in my sound drivers section in preferances (i use ableton) now since i updated ive lost my "full driver duplex" opition and cant seem to find anywhere to download asio full driver duplex etc, the last time i installed ASIO it appeared in the drop down box in preferances, i used this driver to mix absolutely flawlessly with a huge amount of tracks and vst going on etc, asio4all doesnt cut it even with buffer set high for the amount of things going on in my mixes,

any idea how i might get back my beloved full driver duplex?

TL, DR: LOST FULL DRIVER DUPLEX OPTION IN MY DAW PREFERANCES I WANT IT BACK.

Any help asap would be great as im in the middle of a bands ep :eek:

is it direct X? as i said i got the first time i downloaded ASIO4ALL for my computer, at the minute, im useing an alesis multimix 8 usb, its not great, im up grading soon but i need to be able to run on full for this project,

Did the alesis have working drivers?

You should NEVER use asio4all if the interfaces drivers worked properly.
asio4all is a quick hack to make onboard soundcards work with less latency.
It's no replacement for what the engineers designed at the factory.

The Alesis website has advice:

ASIO4ALL... can you believe??? :eek:

Yup, they say it's plug and play, but if you need an ASIO driver, to use ASIO4ALL.

http://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb (Select Docs and Downloads tab)

My advice, get rid of the Alesis and find an interface with its own ASIO driver. Most of the rest on the market will have one.

cheers guys managed to get a compromise that i can work with right now as a result of mixing differant advice in this thread :laughings:, this is why i love this forum, cant wait to be rid of this interface, upgrading to a saffire pro 40 asap :D:D

The Alesis website has advice:

ASIO4ALL... can you believe??? :eek:

Yup, they say it's plug and play, but if you need an ASIO driver, to use ASIO4ALL.

http://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb (Select Docs and Downloads tab)

My advice, get rid of the Alesis and find an interface with its own ASIO driver. Most of the rest on the market will have one.

I wholeheartedly agree.

If they cranked out an interface and couldn't write their own asio driver,
dump that puppy on eBay and get one that WORKS.

Back