ASIO Question

sowpunk

Hey guys :)

Seeing as Cubase only supports one ASIO driver at a time, I have a question for you guys.

If I am using the Phonic ASIO drivers as my inputs, this means they must also be my outputs. So I am using the Phonic L/R Outputs in cubase to play back my audio.

The problem is, however, when I play the audio back in Cubase I am seeing the level indicators go up, the audio is there but I can't hear anything.

I have tried plugging my monitors into the control room outputs and the headphone output but neither will allow me to hear the audio.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Yeah the output is set to the Phonic output. I wanted to have the soundcard as the output but I don't think you can...

Is there a software 'mixer' that controls the card? If you don't have the card set up properly, this kind of thing will happen. A soundcard is useless if you can't get sound out of it, it has to be able to do this. Open the manual.

$.02

HOLD THE PHONE... is this one of the firewire mixers... i'm perfevtly capable of being wrong and apologize in advance if i am but... aren't those things one way only..... just a way into the puter no way back????

Is there a software 'mixer' that controls the card? If you don't have the card set up properly, this kind of thing will happen. A soundcard is useless if you can't get sound out of it, it has to be able to do this. Open the manual.

When I use the soundcard as my ASIO device I have no problem. I just can't use it at the same time as the Phonic.

HOLD THE PHONE... is this one of the firewire mixers... i'm perfevtly capable of being wrong and apologize in advance if i am but... aren't those things one way only..... just a way into the puter no way back????

Yeah that's what I was thinking but the specs for the mixer has:

Two channels of monitoring from computer via FireWire interface, can be assigned to control room monitors, main mix and AUX 1

Mabey I am not "assigning" the two channels properly?

Sorry guys I've figured it out! :D:D

There is a button on the phonic with a firewire symbol with "To CRTL Room" on it lol. So I press that and there you have it :)

Thanks guys!

Funny thing is I read the manual about 4 times :p

It wasn't in there ;) Only thing wrong with the mixer to date :p

Back