Aside from audio interfaces

Danny Love

If you guys couldn't use audio interfaces or PC's except for post-recording processing, what would you use to lay down your tracks?

Wax cylinder. But seriously, before I got a firepod I recorded for years on a fostex vf-160 then burned the tracks to cd's with the onboard drive and edited on my pc.

If you guys couldn't use audio interfaces or PC's except for post-recording processing, what would you use to lay down your tracks?

I'd probably get one of those all-in-one machines. Maybe a 2488 mk II or something spiffier. If those don't count, then it would definitely be wide track analog tape. I just have to turn the M-79 4-track on and it's ready to go. And I probably wouldn't have sold the M-56 8 track last year. But portability is an issue. I'd still use the MixPre and MicroTrack for live 2-track, which is most of what I do, anyway.

Cheers,

Otto

I love me Radar Nyquist 24. I've been using it for years and I've never lost a second of audio due to any types of glitches or failures. You can find some good deals on used Radars. The new ones are pretty pricey, upwards of $10k or more.

I'd probably not be recording - dont' want to sound lame, but it was the advances in technology, particularly interfaces and software, that got me back into it after a hiatus of about 15 years.

Back