Ashly mixer/preamps

Mr. Moon

Force of Naked
Hi. Does anyone have any experience with the Ashly rack-mountable MX-Series mixers, like the MX-206 or the MX-406? Specifically, I was wondering about the quality of the preamps; what other preamps they would compare to sound-wise, and such.
Ashly MX-Series Mixers (link)

I was hoping to purchase one of the new Studio Projects SP828 mixer/preamp units which are not available in stores yet, but I have a session that is scheduled to begin in two weeks, which I already rescheduled once hoping to delay it long enough to get the 828. However, I need to have a backup mixer/preamp option figured out in case the SP828 remains unavailable. I will be using the unit to mic and premix toms down to two tracks, as I have a limited number of inputs on my sound card.

I'm able to spend up to $600.00 (US), as I'm on a limited budget. I'm also willing to consider other options at this time as well as long as I can stick to my budget.

Thanks!

-mr moon

I have one of their line mixers (802, or something like that!) to sum multiple analog effect unit outputs together, and it really is excellent... but I've no experience with their pres.

They have a rep for making high-quality gear, though....

Blue Bear Sound said:
I have one of their line mixers (802, or something like that!) to sum multiple analog effect unit outputs together, and it really is excellent... but I've no experience with their pres.

They have a rep for making high-quality gear, though....

Thanks for the feeback, Mr Blue Bear. I have not been able to find any of them locally to check out personally, which means any/all help I get from others is greatly appreciated. In my Google searched for "Ashly", I have noticed that ASHLY really seems to have quite a strong presence in church sound systems and PAs for business applications, but not so much for recording studios and such. Any idea(s) why this may be??

-mr moon

Back