Ascension

Perdicament

Well, I been a fairly long time member here and havn't posted anythin for quite some time...and don't post a whole lot here cause I feel like if I don't contribute much to others mainly due to the fact that I am relativly new to all of this home recording thing...

Anyway, here is the last thing I recorded w/ my band, It is all done live, I would appreciate any opinion on anything to do w/ the tune (mix/material/tone etc..)

i think I'm getting better at this recording thing, but my tracking is pretty bad thus far, I find I polish alotta turds...

The tune is a bit long, so if ya have the time and paitents to listen I'd greatly appreciate it...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3523691&q=hi

Ha, I know what you mean about tracking poorly then having to pull out the whole kitchen sink to improve it. I used to spend much more time mixing then recording :rolleyes: Anyway, sounds like you did an excellent job here. Good sounds all around to my ears. I especially like those haunting vox here and there. They really fill up the room something cool. Nice solo too. Cool track man, sorry no real suggestions, just that I enjoyed it ;) :cool:

Hi, PERDICAMENT!

ALL RIGHT AND VERY GOOD!

Great, great song. Good singer , like the voice effect too ; very good and "punchy" guitar sound ;good job on "double" GTRs ... "precision" drummer (sometimes remember Neil Peart (cymbals , hi hat "technique" ...or sound (who knows).Well, I´m not a drummer, but I like drum job here.

Great bass too !

Congratulation!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ciro

MY SONGS
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=562934

Last edited:
Yeah, we need to spend more time getting the tracks sounding good, it would certianly make my job a lot easier... The biggest problem I encounter during the mixing is all the bleed thru the drum mics.... If there is something on one of the drum tracks I want to tweak, it makes it hard cause then I'm affecting whatever is bleeding into them...

Ususally what we do is just play the tune and record it...I then take the tracks home and see what I can make of them.... I like the fact of doing it this way cause it kinda keeps that live feel, but on the other hand, I'd like to record us with the intent of making something that is of higher quality....

Easier said than done, trying to get 5 guys to sit there and actually 'track' something in the traditional way...

Back