As I'm new, I feel it only appropriate to start out with a dumb question.

Sure, no problem. Just be sure there is not some wild impedance or power rating mismatch. What type of monitors are you planning on powering? The only downside is that consumer type receivers tend not to be as flat in frequency response as say, a good reference poweramp. So this may colour the sound, resulting in an inaccurate representation when you play it on another system. I'm setup opposite, I have a good reference amplifier and a consumer pair of audio speakers.. but with enough comparing of what you record on different systems, you can get good results.

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 01-03-2000).]

Thank's Emeric,

I'm in the shopping process right now. (Although it looks like it's gonna be a while as my furnace died today; How I'd love to spend that $3000 on gear, but I guess I'd be to cold to use it!)

I was thinking of powered monitors. But just wanted to check and see if this would be an option for the short term.

I've been mixing on a JVC receiver with Bose speakers, and am tiring of having to do multiple mixes to get the bass right etc....

Back