Article: Head To Head Modeler Shoot Out (FYI)

Kewlpack

I don't post out here very often, but I do browse the genius around here from time to time. I recently wrote a lengthy article that compares several Modeler/MultiFX (MFX). I figured it might be useful to some of the folks here since some of you no doubt use (or are looking at) MFX for live and recording purposes...

Hope it helps:
http://www.thestompbox.net/Home/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=21

Feedback is welcome and always appreciated.

A nicely written, very thorough review. Good work! I never did figure out what "FRFR" means, though. I guess that refers to a system that's "Full Range and Freakin' Righteous," perhaps?

Brad

Amazing article, worthy of a sticky. I think a lot of people are going to find that very helpful.

Great article, KP. I like the fact that you talk about what's bad with each unit, and it's not all "RahRahRah!" like most "reviews" these days.

You missed my point

Kewlpack said:
Well, first of all, I apologize. I was trying to offer a little suggestion about how the article could be improved. You DID ask for some constructive criticism, after all. But I was purposefully subtle about it, since I wanted to be encouraging of your efforts, overall. (The article was, after all, very well done.) Obviously, my comment was a bit TOO subtle, since you didn't get my point.

I wasn't asking you for a URL that defines the term "FRFR" - I already noticed that such an URL was provided in the article. Heck, I don't even want you to tell me HERE on this board what it means. I really don't CARE what it means. I've never heard the term before, and probably won't ever hear it again. I just meant to point out that, in general, if you are going to use some non-standard term (such as the acronym FRFR), then you should define the term within the body of the article, rather than simply provide an URL where people can look it up.

If you want to tell people that you got the best results from a "full range, flat response" system, then you should just SAY so - right there in the article. Many people will not want to be bothered to jump over to another article just to find out what a term means, when you could have (and should have) simply taken the time to define the term in the first place.

THAT is what I meant by my comment. Sorry for being so obtuse. And, again, it really IS a very well done review. Seemed very balanced and thorough and impartial. I felt that it had a lot of credibility.

p.s. My next guess was going to be a "Fancy Rack" system that was mixed to the "Far Right." :D

Bassman Brad

Gotcha. I've been using the FRFR term so much I took it for granted that people would know what I meant. :)

Easy enough to add the full term. Thank you for the input!

Back