Article: A Modest Perspective on Home Recording

Thanks Cloneboy - this is a very helpful article. Could I re-post on my site Ampslam, giving you full credit of course?
Thomas Giannini
Ampslam

Yeah, good article- but 5 grand will disappear like a puff of smoke if buying pro-level gear... and interestingly, $20,000 is just about what we put into acoustic treatment and acoustic build-out at studio101nola (so far.) Do you have any idea what large, thick plates of glass cost?

Last edited:
Thanks for writing this! As ecka48 said, your attitude towards the home recording endeavor is great. Motivating read! -Jed

Cloneboy- this really helps me focus. Identify what my objective is and build to suit. My objective is to capture improvised inspiration quickly and build new songs from the best lead and rhythm guitar riffs. Copyright original songs and build portfolio do 50 is goal. Then market these ideas. I don't need to to have the super professional sound, I'll leave that up for someone else to sculpt using my ideas. Very simply, song generation and IP is my goal.

I am wondering when all in one packages will be handed out like Iphones. You just pick a style and record right there with your instrument, that would be so massive! Anyways, great read! Thanks!

Sadly on this site there are a few Jerks one particular but then coming from Montreal explains 98%. Since I wouldn't associate with idiots like him in reality I have no desire to mix with him and similar twits on the site Of course that does not include the genuine members. A couple of the other kind will never suffer from Haemorrhoids as they are perfect A holes. Gone to pastures greener......... Hope the site succeeds despite the cretins.

Great article. In regards to 2 channels and drum tracking--with a good room, decent microphones, and a clean kit; you can get a great mono recording of drums with two microphones.

home recording is a great way to start with this info, and on a budget like a DP-32. I am new and don't know what to write for advice?

Sadly on this site there are a few Jerks one particular but then coming from Montreal explains 98%. Since I wouldn't associate with idiots like him in reality I have no desire to mix with him and similar twits on the site Of course that does not include the genuine members. A couple of the other kind will never suffer from Haemorrhoids as they are perfect A holes. Gone to pastures greener......... Hope the site succeeds despite the cretins.
Who pissed in your Cornflakes​? LOL! Never mind. Someone drug this up from 2012.

Back