ART dual MP for $75. Good deal??

JesusFreak

It's used. But I brought it home and was actually quite impressed at how quiet it is. Seemed to be a big step up from my Audio buddy and Blue Tube.

Anyhow, I haven't bought it yet. The dealer said I could use it for a couple of days since it was used to make sure it works.

So what do you all think?? Should I pick it up?? Pro's and con's welcomed.

Thanks again.

God Bless!

JesusFreak said:
I brought it home and was actually quite impressed at how quiet it is. Seemed to be a big step up from my Audio buddy and Blue Tube.

That's a good clue right there that you should probably get it. $75 for 2 channels is kind of a no-brainer.

Thanks guys for your responses. I kinda figured it was a no brainer but just wanted your comments on it. Plus I really had never bought a piece of used tube gear before and didn't know if there was an easy way to tell if the tubes ok in it or not without taking it apart.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts guys.

God Bless!

It doesn't really do tube amplification anyhow...the design is 90% solid state. You don't have to worry so much about tubes, but yes, putting known-good-quality 12AX7's in there does help the sound!

At any rate...$75 is a steal for a dual MP. I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks for the response SM, I do appreciate it. Some of those tubes are expensive. I had never really priced them before. It will definately have to wait a bit. But thanks again for the advice.

God Bless!

tubes are cheap- ive got this unit and im pretty happy with it- paid alot more than $75 but we got it new- my bass amp takes a 12Ax7 tube and i think a slovetec (whatever) tube was like $7. now if your tryin to replace tubes in that old am amp you found in grandpas workshop that hasnt seam the light of day in 50 years and it smokes when you plug that old nylon braided cord in the wall and makes funny wrilling sounds with a warm orage glow all around like some mystical box...well....those tubes can get pretty expensive cause alot of em arnt made anymore- you gotta find new "old stock"- todays tube gear uses common parts- dont worry about it

-jeff

I paid 20 canadian for a Groove tubes one. I think that's about 13 US?

It made it sound better, but the combination of my shure sm58, into the studio mp, into my SB card makes vocals terrible. I'm pretty sure my voice and my friends voice doesn't sound THAT bad, it's just terrible. Dark mic and dark preamp into shitty sound card = quitting music.

Back