Art dps II spdif problems

snellular5

neil young whore
Didn't know if this was the right place for this but anyway here it goes.
So I just bought an ART DPS II so that I could make my Presonus Firepod into a ten input inteface by using the SPDIF input. So I hooked it all up using a digital coax cable and all that. I selected all the right settings on the ART (output, sample rate) but no matter what I do my computer which is running Cubase is just not getting the spdif inputs. I tried what all the manuals said which is to change over my control panels clock to spdif and restarted still nothing. I know this is confusing and I know this might be a tricky one but any help would do, I did contact Presonus but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
Thanks a ton for your time.
Matt

Does SPDIF show up as a track assignment input option in Cubase?

Might be problematic anyway if the clock source is SPDIF the rest of the inputs -and monitor d/a are also no longer on internal clock.

Ya it gives me the option of using input 9 and 10 spdif. Hm thats a good point never thought about that. Although I do have a friend who runs the same set up but he never ran into this problem.

From the manual:

"Due to the wide bandwidth, A R T recommends the use of high quality, low loss,
fully shielded cabling for the S/PDIF Coax connection. Note that the S/PDIF out
must act as a master. On the digital system you are connecting the S/PDIF cable
to make sure the device is set to sync to the incoming S/PDIF signal to ensure a
high quality transmission"

You also have the option of running S/PDIF via optical TOSLINK.

You have a front-panel control to select S/PDIF and sampling-rate options.

Also, the Digital Output/Volume knob acts separately from the analog output controls. It has to be adjusted for digital output (turned clockwise).

Paj
8^)

Thanks Paj Ive made sure of all of that and tried to make the dps the master but my cubase just wont understand its gotta be a slave to it practically.
Thanks for the insight mate.
Matt

Back