ARRGGH Please help me!

Chrisdb

I'm so sick on continuously getting problems with everything!! Sorry had to rant, but I just got my Mac Mini for recording with. Installed Pro Tools 7 (In the process of upgrading to 8) clicked to get it started, and it will simply not detect my Mbox 2!!!!! :rolleyes::confused::confused: I'm sick of technology, I'm already having problems with bluetooth mouse and keyboard that keep losing connection! :confused: Now this.

I can't even record, so I went to system preferences to look at thee Mbox 2 and when I lick it says "you cannot open Digidesign Mbox 2 preferences because it does'nt work on an Intel-based Mac" :(

Please dont say that for some unbelievable reason Mbox 2's don't work on Intel Macs, that wouldn't make any sense.

Please if anyone knows what the problem is? I would REALLY appreciate the help. I'm so stressed. :confused:

Thanks

Firstly chill out.

What operating system is on the Mac Mini? Click the Apple on the top left corner, and then select About This Mac, and tell me what the number is - it should be 10.x.x

What version of Pro Tools are you running, 7.x? What is that x?

Pro Tools and the Mbox are totally compatible with Intel Macs, you probably just have a version of Pro Tools which is too old.

I went to system preferences to look at thee Mbox 2 and when I lick it says "you cannot open Digidesign Mbox 2 preferences because it does'nt work on an Intel-based Mac" :(

P.S. Don't lick your Mbox. It won't help, even if it does taste delicious.

Firstly chill out.

What operating system is on the Mac Mini? Click the Apple on the top left corner, and then select About This Mac, and tell me what the number is - it should be 10.x.x

What version of Pro Tools are you running, 7.x? What is that x?

Pro Tools and the Mbox are totally compatible with Intel Macs, you probably just have a version of Pro Tools which is too old.

P.S. Don't lick your Mbox. It won't help, even if it does taste delicious.

Hey, the Mac is running version 10.5.8 and has a 2Ghz Intel Core Duo Processor. And I was running Pro Tools version 7.0 but I just upgraded to 8 and now there are more problems.

Whenever I load Pro Tools it finds it hard to locate the Mbox 2, so I have to keep unlpugging it and putting it back in untill it manages to detect it. When I get Pro Tools running whenever I try to record as soon as I turn phantom power on it cuts out :confused: I can't figure out why? And then the Mbox just dies out and I have to try and connect it all over again. :confused:

I checked an old recorded file to see if playback works ok and it did, but then again as soon as I press Phantom power on it cuts out. Also when I press record on the tracks, the volume bar shoots right up and just displays a constant noise source. So it must be something to with recording funtions.
Any suggestions?

Cheers for the help.

I tried a firmware update for the Mbox 2 and it worked for a bit but then as soon as I tried to use Phantom Power it turned off and wouldn't connect again.

Anyone, I've been searching around for ages and can't get it to work with phantom power, I don't understand what the problem is.

do you have a tech support number you can call? usually everything i buy comes with a tech support line. it's annoying but they have helped me:)goodluck:)

Chris,

Go to digidesign.com and access the "Users Conference". It's a discussion forum for Protools and Digidesign users. You'll likely get your question answered there and usually fairly quickly. Good luck. I know how frustrating all this technology can be.

Tom

Are you using the USB cable which came with the Mbox 2?

If not, use it or buy another one of high quality.

Have you tried changing the USB port which is being used?

Sounds like the phantom power is gone.

If you have a dynamic mic plug that in and see if it records.
If so then your phantom power is bad on the MBox, if so
just buy a external phantom power supply.

When the PP went out on my focusrite pre, I could have
almost bought a new unit for the price of repair. So if that
is that case just buy an external unit they always come in
handy.

Back